Emeritus Senior Living - Fall?

2.4
Additional Fees

Does this look like the result of a fall? After this happened everyone that had anything to do with this woman slowly stopped working at Emeritus, Tucson.

From the hospital she was moved out of Emeritus and into a more caring loving place where she never had these severe injuries again. She had "fallen" on several other cases. Laundry was a hit or miss kind of affair. When the people at Emeritus knew someone from the family was coming, they bathed her, cleaned her room and did her laundry.

Most of the time there were only a handful of qualified employees. Have other friends with family in other Emeritus facilities and the care is just as bad. When Emeritus took over a lot of money was spent on new decorations and furniture.

Meals started getting awful. Service was just an afterthought.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Give me the accident report I requested in 2013..

Emeritus Senior Living - Simple Review #1480350179

Additional Fees

Very bad company to work for. I don't regret leaving this company.They don't care about the residents or their staff.I worked for 8 months for very low pay alot of residents on the assisted living side should be in memory care unit.

Review about: East Longmeadow Ma.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Emeritus Senior Living - Dishonesty, Discrimination & denial of basic Civil Rights from top CEO in Seattle to low life Director of Palm Court in Hilton Head, S.C.

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 0 comments

In June 2014 I was accused, supposedly by an employee, of telling my twin brother (resident at Emeritus at Palm Court, Hilton Head, S.C. 29926) that I would try to break him out of there!

THIS NEVER HAPPENED!! Since this lie surfaced my brother's entire immediate family has been banned from all telephone communication, limited visitation & our mail is opened & inspected prior to my brother receiving it! I have sent certified mail to CEO in Seattle telling him of the lies, illegal activities happening at this facility also requesting the name of this imaginary employee (I at NO time said this to my brother thus it has to be a figment of some evil persons sick mind) without any response from him! Nothing!!

Not a single word! The so called director was unprofessional (rolling her eyes) & hostile to questions & concerns asked by immediate family upon my brother's arrival to Palm Court. I hope & pray when Brookfield takes over she gets fired & prevents her from ever working in the healthcare industry! My brother's admitting physician is a puppet on a string to my brother's wife by having him admitted there!

He's too dumb to know what appropriate level of care means for vast differences in patient acuity! Bed ridden patients needing skilled nursing facilities instead are there just so all beds are all filled risking patient's lives! Thankfully my brother was, the last time I saw him was ambulatory but that was over a year ago! It upset him to see other's in such a bad state.

No Back Door is their motto!!

This entire organization needs inspected from top to bottom! I pray Brookdale's Senior Living's merger shuts Emeritus down for good, resolves the dishonest illegal activities & hires a well educated professional Director at Palm Court!

This person wrote the review because of "dishonest unprofessional behavior" at Emeritus Senior Living. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Emeritus Senior Living to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was unprofessional rude management. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Emeritus Senior Living senior care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Emeritus Senior Living - Undependable services, inappropriate comments towards resident.

Fairfax, Virginia 0 comments

Several time my relative was not provided medication as scheduled due to tardiness of care-giver. A complaint was lodged and nothing was done.

Another time the head of nursing made inappropriate comments regarding relative's personal hygiene. Highly insulting and inappropriate, especially for someone in this position. This is a facility that showed minimal dedication towards care of residents. The food was bland and not very tasty.

The activities director was also rude and became irritated when asked by scheduled performers or presenters did not show up.

Went out of her way to pick a dispute with family member when question. Glad to be gone.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of senior care. Emeritus Senior Living needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned senior care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Emeritus Senior Living.

Emeritus Senior Living - Simple Review #1434276337

Bellevue, Washington 0 comments

Emeritus at Stonecreek Lodge.Louisville, KY. I worked for this company 5 years ago and i couldn't believe how the residents were treated.

Other RAs gave as little effort as possible and did the bare minimum. They treated residents like nothing but a burden.

Please think twice before placing loved ones in this facility. They don't offer anything close to the care that thet advertise.

Review about: Employee Experience.

Emeritus Senior Living - Simple Review #1430357739

1.7

My father did not get the care paid for ( over $5000.00 a month) and he also went down hill quickly with this company and it is a company. Constant health issues and hospital visits.

Doctor turned them it. Long story.

New name does not mean better care!!!

Review about: Medical Coverage.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Emeritus Senior Living - TERRIBLE facility - PLEASE read BEFORE placing a loved one at this location!!

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina 2 comments

I am a former employee of Emeritus at Palm Court, Hilton Head Island, SC. I know nothing about this particular situation but was witness to numerous, outrageous behaviors and acts of neglect at this facility. This is the reason I left this facility. Though my heart went out to the residents, I could no longer emotionally handle the circumstances. There were residents that had no business being at this facility; it was below the level of care necessary for their condition. The doctor utilized by this facility routinely signed off on patients being at "the appropriate level of care" when this was in no way true and accurate. There were residents that were contracted, with bed sores to the bone, that were not capable of moving on their own at all - these residents belonged in a skilled nursing center. In this location, no patient lifts (i.e., Hoyer lifts) are allowed, yet there were residents that were in grave need of these. As employees, we were expected to physically lift and move these residents without assistance of any kind - be it a lift or with the assistance of another person. This is wrong, and against the law. It is wrong first and foremost for the residents that need a greater level of care and it is wrong to expect employees to endanger their physical health that are simply trying to provide care for them. Additionally, on a daily basis I witnessed the staff routinely cutting meals short simply to "get finished." Residents that were in need of assistance eating were not given the help they needed. When I would take the time to assist residents in eating I would be severely criticized by other employees because I was "wasting time." It was routine for other caregivers to quickly get residents in bed after dinner so they could then find a comfortable spot to fall asleep for the night. I was outraged! Residents were not given the respect they deserved. They were not given decent care - at all. The Director was acutely aware of all of these issues, yet did nothing. (this person is still the Director as of this writing (03/2015). Her sole concern was filling beds; not with the welfare of the residents under her ultimate care. At one point she even questioned the nurse in charge when it was stated the resident needed to go to the hospital; she wanted to "wait and see" how the resident was in an hour or so - the nurse called the hospital for immediate transfer. The Director's concern was over the possibility of losing a filled bed - disgusting! There were ongoing issues with staff problems - okay, I will state it loud and clear...it was a black/white issue. The majority of the care-giving staff was African-American and there was no doubt that "they" did not like it when a white staff person was hired. This was widely known and discussed. There were numerous and ongoing occasions where extremely racial comments were made against white staff from the African-Americans, which the Director and other management were acutely aware of yet nothing was ever done about it! Reverse racism was alive and well on a daily basis and not only tolerated by management, but completely accepted and excused! The Director clearly appeared very intimidated and scared of her African-American care-giving staff. There were instances of racial epithets thrown very publicly (in this middle of the dining room) toward white staff from the blacks, white care-givers being cussed at, etc., yet NOTHING was ever done! IF the situation had been reversed, I cannot begin to imagine what the backlash would have been. The Director has no business being in the position she is in - her concern is NOT with the resident's welfare, but clearly was with her bottom line....how many beds she had filled. The overall atmosphere of the place was dismal - it was a very sad place. It made my heart hurt for the residents, as well as the family members that had no idea of what it was truly like for their loved ones. "Activities" for the residents were dismal and severely lacking! There was a television in the front room, but there was not cable because the Director didn't think it was necessary. Instead, there were DVD's available but most of them didn't work. The Director didn't want to spend the money on cable television; apparently she did not feel the residents were "worth" the expense.

Sadly, I could go on, but I just cannot. Though I loved the residents, and had the utmost of respect for them, I just could not "take" it any longer; I had to leave.

It is my understanding that this Emeritus location has been purchased by another company and I can only hope that the numerous and severe wrongs will be corrected - as quickly as possibly! However, I don't see how the new company could keep the current Director in place - if they are truly interested in positive change.

I have a very special place in my heart for the elderly; I'm not sure why, but I love and respect them more than I could ever express - they are interesting, captivating, and to be revered! Emeritus is never a place I would want anyone I know - or don't know - to ever have to be!

From someone that cares deeply about the elderly and the care and respect they receive - and so richly deserve.

PLEASE, PLEASE do ALL you can to check out any location you are considering for you elderly loved one...PLEASE!!

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Emeritus Senior Living. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Emeritus Senior Living to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Emeritus Senior Living employee experience for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Palm Court in Hilton Head, SC Director needs to be replaced & locked up for her illegal activities!

Horrible, dishonest treatment of residents & family members from the top CEO (Granger Cobb) at Seattle, Washington to low life director (lorena best) at Emeritus at Palm Court, Hilton Head, S.C.! Supposedly, An employee overheard me tell my twin brother (resident at Palm Court) that I would try to help him break out of there!

This NEVER happened!! I have requested several times the name of this employee without any response. My requests & letters ignored! My twin brother's entire immediate family has been denied ALL telephone communication & strict visitation since this LIE has been supposedly overheard!

We live 800 miles away & are required to have a "selected" babysitter with us at all times if we visit. Our only allowed communication are letters/cards that are opened & reviewed prior to my brother receiving them. Only his wife's family is allowed...NO blood relatives! Really?

Why are they allowed to get away with this? My brother is a millionaire & his wife is afraid we want his money! We don't! His money is yours & Emeritus at Palm courts money.

We don't care. We just want to have assess to our dear bother before he succumbs to his illness! Shove your precious money up your A@@ Nancy!!

Don't allow any family member to ANY Emeritus facility but especially at Palm Court in Hilton Head, S.C.!

From my family's experience Evil lurks & runs rampant there!

there!

a@@ Nancy!

Emeritus Senior Living - Staff Review from Beaverton, Oregon

Beaverton, Oregon 0 comments
1.4

I worked at Emeritus in Poulsbo, Washington for almost 3 years. I wanted to quit from the start, but the residents kept me coming back everyday.

It's a horribly managed company. I saw negligence and abuse covered up. Any complaints I made resulted in a mad dash to cover it up. A resident complained to an outside agent who then asked management about it.

They lied and called her a liar and tried very hard to get her out. They didn't succeed, but she was traumatized from it and (of course) felt very unwelcome. We both learned to never complain about horrible things, it doesn't result in anything.

I was given a raise and not paid it. They promised to back pay me, but never did.

The last 3 months I wasn't paid due to an office error that was never corrected.

I fought with them from October to April, but eventually decided to leave it because I was moving out of state and didn't want to have to keep coming back for court.

I worked with amazing people here, residents and coworkers both. I thank them for that.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of staff. Emeritus Senior Living needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned staff in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Emeritus Senior Living.

Emeritus Senior Living - Emeritus at Bakersfield: No. Just No.

Bakersfield, California 0 comments

Regarding the Emeritus at Bakersfield facility: The "memory care" unit is horribly understaffed and a dangerous place for people to live. The director, Ronnette "Ronnie" Lelfore, is dishonest and will straight up ignore your phone calls if you want information about your loved one.

There are smaller residences called "board and care" facilities that have a much better patient to caregiver ratio and actually care about their residents (I wish I had known these existed earlier).

The staff at Emeritus provides the bare minimum of what is required by law, and will treat your family member as if their safety and comfort means nothing. There is no concern for administering medications at the correct timing intervals, helping family members to reduce fall risk for residents, nor ensuring that residents are fed a proper diet. Please take your money and your loved one elsewhere.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of assisted living facility. Emeritus Senior Living needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned assisted living facility in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Emeritus Senior Living.

Emeritus Senior Living - Emeritus San Ramon CA -gegrading quality of care, cleanliness, very poor food quality. Mr. Martine Herter or Herder Very cold corporate phony man unsuitable for his position

San Ramon, California 0 comments
1.3

my mother began living at Emeritus when it was still Merrill Gardens in 2010. since it changed hands from Merrill Gardens and Mr Martine herder became the management or supervisor the quality has gone downhill my mother's room is always dirty the care is less the food is a very poor quality.

while having lunch one day in the dining room with my mother was a resident missed your marching at his ear against the employee lunch room and was eavesdropping on their conversationshe listened with his ear to the door for about 1 minute and then pull the door open and said Happy Thanksgivingand little did the employees know that he had just been eavesdropping on them.Martine tried to come across as a warm man but he is very cold it is something you cannot fake he is not the man for the job and the whole company is going down the tubes.my mother deserves a much better living situation especially for what she pays to live there. it is obvious that this company and this man is all about the money not about the residents and their life.I would like my mother to go elsewhere she deserves better care.

Review about: Assisted Living Facility.

Preferred solution: New management higher quality of living & care.

I liked: When it was merrill gardens.